The safety guide below pertains to all unprotected lithium ion cells (this battery). The most common cause of a battery-related fire is a short circuit.
What is a short circuit? The situation arises when battery positive (+) and negative (-) directly connect. The current will become extremely high because there is no resistance in the path to limit current flow. A short circuit will result in dangerously high temperature which may cause a fire resulting in personal injury or property damage.
If your skin or eyes have come into contact with battery electrolyte, flush with water and seek immediate emergency medical care!
Use caution as misusing or mishandling the battery may cause a fire or explosion which may result in personal injury or property damage. The user must have an appropriate understanding of the potential dangers of lithium ion batteries before purchase and usage. No express or implied guarantee of compatibility, suitability, or fitness for any particular purpose or device can be made. This battery is manufactured and sold for the intended use of system integrations with proper protection circuitry or battery packs with a BMS (battery management system) or PCB (circuit board/module). This battery is neither designed nor intended to be used with an e-cigarette, vaporizer, or similar device and should not be used with such products. Usage of this battery is at your own risk!
- Misusing or mishandling lithium ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage
- BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE, BURN, OR CAUSE A FIRE IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED
- Usage of batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- This battery is an industrial product and not intended for individual consumers
- ONLY use with proper protection circuitry
- DO NOT short circuit intentionally or unintentionally
- KEEP AWAY from metal/conductive objects to prevent short circuiting
- DO NOT use if PVC wrapper or terminal insulator is damaged or torn
- DO NOT use if battery is damaged in any way
- DO NOT store loose or in a pocket, purse, etc., always use a protective case or box for storage and transport
- DO NOT over-charge or charge above the maximum voltage rating
- DO NOT over-discharge or exceed the continuous discharge rating
- DO NOT modify, disassemble, puncture, cut, crush, or incinerate
- DO NOT expose to liquids or high temperatures
- DO NOT solder onto battery, spot weld only
- DO NOT use force to install or install in reverse/backwards
- ONLY use within manufacturer’s specification
- DO NOT use with e-cigarette, vaporizer, or similar device
- KEEP AWAY from pets and children
- ALWAYS charge in or on a fire-proof surface and never leave batteries charging unattended
- ONLY use a smart charger designed for this specific type of battery
- DO NOT mix and match brands and models, old and new, used and unused batteries
- STOP immediately if while charging/storing/using the battery it emits an unusual smell, feels hot, changes color or shape, or appears abnormal in any way
- It is your responsibility to determine that your charger or device is functioning properly
- If exposed to battery electrolyte, flush with water immediately and/or immediately contact a physician or emergency services
- DO NOT throw away in trash; contact your local jurisdiction for proper recycling or disposal